Our dream #RunningDry interns are smart, creative and motivated to support a non-profit organization committed to changing the way we think about water. They are both self-starters and team players and believe in the Thirst mission as well as in the #RunningDry project. You will have significant responsibility, autonomy and an ability for your work to make a real impact on the #RunningDry project and the world. Our goal is that you say “wow I really was part of making our world better”.
This is a fast-paced, minimum 8-week commitment (start and finish times are flexible), with the option to stay on full-time or part-time from September. All internships receive some compensation, and are located either in our Thirst office in Chongqing, China or, depending on the candidate, can be a remote position. Some weekend, evening, early morning availability may be required. Please submit applications to email@example.com.
Research and Story Intern
Thirst and #RunningDry are looking for a Research and Story Intern who is passionate about the global water crisis and the stories of both those affected by it and by those who are helping solve it. You have an eye for a good story and you know how to help us find the right people to tell it. You are organized, research-driven and a great communicator. You’ll report to the Campaign Director, but work closely with Mina Guli, Mina’s Chief of Staff, the film crew and our Media Manager.
- Research and propose story ideas for the #RunningDry countries we will run through
- Provide data, fact sheets and interviewee profiles
- Coordinate with the film crew and logistics team to arrange interviews
- Draft story summaries and executive briefing books
- Provide supporting research to the Media Manager and/or Media Intern for blogs and other material for the website.
- Work closely with the Campaign Director to help shape the overall direction and delivery of the campaign.
- Interest in water, particularly in invisible/embedded water and the issues associated with it
- A degree (or studying for a degree) in water-related issues, or a degree (or studying for a degree) in journalism or communications
- Previous journalism or documentary film experience
- Native English communications skills (additional language skills are an asset)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a background in water, particularly in either embedded water, cross boundary water management issues or other non-sanitation sectors of the water crisis.
- Wants to make a difference in the world and understands the value of being part of a global, world changing campaign.
- Is insatiably curious about the world of water.