Our dream #RunningDry interns are smart, creative and motivated to support a non-profit organization committed to changing the way we think about water. They are both self-starters and team players and believe in the Thirst mission as well as in the #RunningDry project. You will have significant responsibility, autonomy and an ability for your work to make a real impact on the #RunningDry project and the world. Our goal is that you say “wow I really was part of making our world better”.
This is a fast-paced, minimum 8-week commitment (start and finish times are flexible), with the option to stay on full-time or part-time from September. All internships receive some compensation, and are located either in our Thirst office in Chongqing, China or, depending on the candidate, can be a remote position. Some weekend, evening, early morning availability may be required. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thirst and #RunningDry are looking for a Communications Intern who can tell stories across a number of different platforms and channels. You’re a gifted writer with great ideas, a pro at social media and a keen observer of worldwide trends. You’ll report to the Media Manager, but because we’re a small non-profit, you’ll be working with most of the Thirst team.
- Create content for Thirst and #RunningDry digital and social media channels
- Assist with media requests
- Write press materials, including press kits and press releases
- Assist with media and PR event planning
- A degree (or studying for a degree) in journalism or communications
- Previous journalism or documentary film experience
- Native English communications skills (additional language skills are an asset)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Understands the value of being part of a high profile, world changing campaign.
- Has some form of journalism experience
- Has a demonstrated ability to communicate across multiple platforms and knows how to communicate to build communities.